Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July Cabin Trip

Over the 4th of July weekend we took a trip up to Mimi's cabin for a few days. We only have a few pics since we actually forgot our camera. It was a fun weekend- rowboats and paddleboats, fishing, biking, lots of good food and ice cream, mini-golf and pony-riding, and even some dutch-oven cooking. And of course LOTS of fireworks- we actually brought our own and Nate had a blast. Just wish we had more time!

Our car loaded up and ready to go...

It was an interesting game of mini-golf with these two. Elin looked like she was playing a game of curling more than put-put, but they both had fun.


One evening Aunt Kathy gave Elin a treat- nail polish on hands and feet, and even some little girly decals- she loved it, of course. Apparently she even showed them off to her teachers at school.


And, of course, fishing. We had a lot of good luck on Kathy and Mick's lake.

Here's Nate's big catch- he was very proud! I think Nate's patience level for fishing will develop over time (I had the same problem, just ask my Dad), but overall I think he did great! Good job, Nate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That fish is big!! Go Nate!!
Your car looks hilarious with all the bikes plastered to it. ha ha!

Kerry and Dave said...

How fun! I absolutely love that picture of you and Nate with the fish. What a great daddy/son picture!