Nate's Mama and Papa (my parents) sent Nate a 7-ft rocket that blasts 100 ft in the air... and it really does. This was a highlight of the party, and I got a good work-out pressurizing the mechanism prior to blast-off.
And... Blast Off!
It was funny- retrieving the rocket was almost as fun as blasting it off... not sure why.
Everyone liked George... but Elin was especially happy to see Curious George visit our house... it took her a while to get up the courage to hit him with a bat, though.
Poor George took a lot of hits... but I thought he looked surprisingly well considering.
Elin thought it was necessary to eat all of her candy at one sitting.
Happy eating! Of course it was more fun to eat up on the playset, not on the picnic bench underneath.

Everyone got in on the candle action... puffy cheeks all around. I don't think there was time for a wish.

We were lucky enough to have Grandma Jan and Mimi visit for Nate's birthday... he was excited to see them (and it didn't have anything to do with the presents they brought, right?) I think we'll- I mean, he will- have a great time with the home-made soap, "grossology" book, erector set, and of course the frog anatomy model. Thanks for visiting!
Everyone got in on the candle action... puffy cheeks all around. I don't think there was time for a wish.
We were lucky enough to have Grandma Jan and Mimi visit for Nate's birthday... he was excited to see them (and it didn't have anything to do with the presents they brought, right?) I think we'll- I mean, he will- have a great time with the home-made soap, "grossology" book, erector set, and of course the frog anatomy model. Thanks for visiting!




1 comment:
Holy Rocket!!!! That thing is huge!!
This post just made me laugh all over the place. The messy faces, everyone blowing out the candles (poor Nate!) and seeing the beheading of George. (Tyler told me all about this when he came home and it was pretty funny....."Nate hit his neck like this, and the head came off!!!" yeah, he was thrilled.)
Thanks for having Tyler come. He LOVED it.
Happy birthday Nate!!! You are such an awesome little guy!!
Post a Comment