
We love summer time up north ... perhaps because we wait 9 months out of the year for this time to come. We spend a lot of time in our backyard- it's close and easy. Nate loves to play and jump in the swimming pool. He also loves to play with the hose, and after a while our entire backyard feels like a soaked sponge.

Elin likes the smaller "pool" or water table. It's more her size. Look at those white legs! She definitely takes after both of her parents.

Elin tends to head straight for the sandbox. We usually find her with sand in her hair and mouth... you'd think she would learn after a while that it's not so tasty.

We all love watermelon in our house, but Nate takes it to the extreme. He could polish off a large melon in one sitting... no kidding. We just put him outside with a cut-up watermelon and let him go wild, then we rinse him off in the pool.

This morning I found Nate taking a "bath" in the laundry tub. He told me he got "very dirty" outside and so he had to wash off. I have to admit, I didn't even know he went outside- he did all of this very quickly. We're still working on this one... Nate certainly has a mind of his own.

When children run barefoot outside, splinters are bound to occur. Nate has a splinter in the bottom of his foot, and of course he doesn't want us to touch it. Even with all my experience as an ER doc, I still can't convince my child that I may be able to help. I love summer time!
No comments:
Post a Comment