April and Elin went for "tea time" at a very luxurious hotel. Nate and I weren't as interested, we bummed around downtown Banff.
These are the Banff hotsprings (didn't get a picture of the actual pool, sorry). They actually have to cool down the water for the pool, and it's still at 104 deg F.
"I am too cool."
Some very cool big-horned sheep by the roadside... one was looking straight at me as if to say "Leave me now in peace, and I will spare you." That's when I walked back to my car.
The Continental Divide! the line that splits water flowing eastward to the Atlantic or westward to the Pacific. Fun learning point for the kiddos.
This particular hike is in an area almost completely burned by forest fire 40 yrs ago... you could still see the blackened fallen trees.
Another beautiful area for playing/hiking by the river.
A pristine pool at the bottom of a waterfall in the back of the canyon... it was very inviting!
The Columbia Icefields- a glacier that we got to walk around on. This shot is from a couple miles away... it is enormous, but sadly is shrinking.
You might ask why we wanted to do this on our summer vacation. Well, I was thinking the same thing. The kids loved it, though, they thought is was soooo cool to walk around on a huge slab of ice.






1 comment:
What a great vacation! Banff if high on my list of places I want to visit. Looks beautiful and I can't believe how grown up Elin is looking!
Post a Comment