Friday, October 1, 2010

The Moon Is Stuck!

I was driving away from dropping Nate off the other day when from the back I heard the following:


Elin - "Oh, no! Mommy, oh no!"
Me - "What's wrong Elin?" (I am thinking Nate left his bag or coat.)
Elin - "The moon, mommy, the moon is in the sky, (struggling to find the words) Mommy the moon is STUCK! We have to help the moon!"
Me - "Oh no, what should we do?"
Elin talking to herself - "I go home get butterfly wings on and help the moon unstuck. No butterfly wings don't go high enough - they pretend. Oh yes, I have Nate build a rocket ship and fix the moon unstuck. Hmm . . ."
She thinks about it for a minute - and then says to me. "Mommy, I going to school. You and Daddy are going to have to fix the moon unstuck."

It was a miracle - but when she came out of school at 11:30 am - the moon was no longer stuck in the sky. Who knew I could "unstuck the moon" in a few short hours.

1 comment:

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Ha! She is so funny!! I love how little kids think at that age. :)
Isn't it nice when you can be the hero and you didn't even have to do anything? ;)