Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Camping!

I'm a bit behind on my blogging, so I'll be catching up in the next few days... several events to share. First, summer camping with the family! This is the first time we've been camping with my parents and my sister's family- great time! We went to Kettle Moraine State Park and spent a few days camping, swimming, fishing, and of course eating. No pictures of the "hurricane" that came through one afternoon, only to say that I was glad our camp site was still standing.

Loaded up and ready to go...

...and I really mean loaded up!

This was our stomping ground for the weekend.

"Roger that... we're ready for the next tent, back it up a bit... easy does it..."

Cousin Sadie and Elin were inseparable.

My Dad and I brought our bikes along... how could we miss the opportunity?

And, of course, a little pickin' and grinnin'

Two beautiful cranes wandered by our path.

Mmmmm... nothing beats old-fashion dutch oven cooking. I'm still an amatuer, but I'm learing.

Just enjoying the shade on a hot afternoon.

This game was a hit with the kids, and we only had to get the balls out of a tree once!

We visited a nearby swimming lake twice... it was a popular spot since it was so hot out. April found a comfy seat.

Papa and Sadie.

Mama and Lexi

Ha! I beat my sister to the picture.

Lunchtime! The kids always come running for lunchtime. It seems like a much busier time as an adult now.

Like I said earlier... inseparable.

Papa and Dylan.

Nate and Dylan fishing... we didn't have much luck that day.

Mike and Dylan... not much luck here, either.

Dylan on the monster truck.

Breakfast time- pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Why does breakfast always taste so good when you're camping?

The troops (minus Dylan).

And here's the gang just before we left. It turned out to be a great weekend, especially for our first family camping trip. I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

*Sigh* Camping is the best!!
I think my life long goal will be to help Peter understand why. ;)
Looks like a lot of fun!!