This week we celebrated Nathaniel's graduation from kindergarten. It's been amusing to see him have such a bittersweet attitude toward it. On one hand he has been so excited that he is one of the "big kids" graduating, on the other hand he's truly sad that he's done at this school. He felt better, though, when he learned he can always return to visit. Here are some pics of the "graduation" at school...
Here are some journals of different projects that the students have put together.
Nate's journal... I think it's a self-portrait :)
These are some flowers that all of the students have recently done... I think Elin's is top row 2nd from left.
And Nate's is bottom row far right... I was impressed!
When my Mom showed up the morning of the graduation the kids were ecstatic... it took them a few seconds to figure out who they were really looking at. Nate was so happy to have Mama here... thanks Mom for making such a long trip for a short visit!
The grads with their teacher, Ms. Ashley.
After their march-in, Ms. Mary Ellen had some words for and about each of them... quite humorous. It sounds like Nate did his share of keeping things lively for the group.
A cool side-shot of Nate with his teacher.
Here we are enjoying some cake and other snacks after the ceremony... definitely the part they had been waiting for.
Nathaniel with his two proud parents. I did let him know that, if he really likes this graduating thing, not to worry because he has plenty more to look forward to.
The kiddos in their main classroom... Nate holding an awesome picture taken by one of his teachers. Happy graduation Nathaniel!




2 comments:
Wow! And to think he was like....what......three and a half when we moved here?
Congratulations Nate!!
I know - he is getting to be such a big kid!
Post a Comment